Health and Safety Policy
CS ENERGY CO., Ltd on behalf of the Project Developer to develop hydropower projects in Lao PDR recognize that best practice construction management gives full consideration to all health and Safety matters in connection to construction activities. The Project’s Health and Safety philosophy is to ensure the health and safety of personnel, to eliminate property damage and to provide a safe and comfortable working and living environment during the entire construction period.
In the context of the Hydro Power Project Construction. The Project Developer commit to respect to maintain own Health and Safety philosophy as described below:
- Safety is a paramount consideration in the project.
- All accidents are prevented.
- All tasks shall be prevented planned and performed with concern for health and safety.
- Health and Safety is all line management responsibility.
- Identify and eliminate or minimize inherent hazard in the work.
- Closely monitor each steps of the work to detect and promptly eliminate hazards and unsafe practices. Maintain a safe workplace for all employees
- Provide clear and concise written instruction, rules and plans for the work to be performed.
- Use trained and qualified workers and staffs.
- Provide Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Evaluate the risk from the work and establish safety measures before performing every work.
- Take emergency measures and provide emergency medical treatment in case of an occupational accident occurs. Also investigate causes and take appropriate measure to prevent the recurrence of similar or other accidents.
- Comply with safe work procedures and comply with applicable government regulations and company policies.
- The Project has a NO ACCIDENT or (ZERO ACCIDENT) Project Manager and Site Manager have overall responsibility for Health and Safety matter at each respective construction location.
Every person working at Hydro Power Projects will work together to develop and maintain a high level of care and concern towards the safety of ourselves and our fellow employees.